- Patrons with Dover Plains Library cards in good standing may bring in up to 4 discs per week for cleaning/repair. Each disc must be submitted in a case or plastic sleeve.
- Accepted formats: prerecorded DVD, CD, Game CDs, and Blu-Ray.
- Library staff will clean/repair discs using the available on site disc cleaner.
- The suggested donation for this service is $1, for up to 4 discs. This donation should be paid upon pick up of items. The Dover Plains Library will not provide refunds for any item that still does not work after a repair has been made.
- Timeframe for cleaning is estimated to be one week. Discs will not be cleaned on a “while you wait” basis. Staff will call when discs are ready for pick up. Patrons must provide their Dover Plains Library card which must be in good standing for identification upon pick up. Discs left at the library longer than 4 weeks after repair will be considered a donation to the library and handled as per our Materials Donation Policy.
- Please note not all discs can be repaired. We cannot repair discs that have been damaged by deep scratches, heat, chemicals or chips.
- While most repaired discs will be returned in a like new condition, there may be a slight, barely noticeable circular pattern created during the wet sanding process or there may be text worn away near the center of the disc. This is normal and cannot be avoided. It should not affect the playability of the repaired disc.
- Patrons assume the entire risk related to this service. The Dover Plains Library is providing this service “as is” and the Dover Plains Library disclaims any and all warranties, whether expressed or implied. The patron agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Dover Plains Library, its officers, employees and agents from and against all suits, claims, actions and expenses arising out of the use of this service.
Click here for Disc Resurfacing Repair form.